Homemade Dog Treats
We have never spent so much time at home with our besties! Whilst we are getting used to the new normal, we have been putting the extra hours at home to good use, cuddling with our pups, chilling with our cats and hanging out with the horses. However one of our favorite things to do is make yummy treats for everyone!
So while we all eat our new baked cookies let’s not forget to bake an extra batch of homemade dog treats as a huge thank you for our animal besties who are doing a great job of keeping us company at home!
We found this recipe works a treat every time! It’s super simple, foolproof and is super quick to make! Check out the recipe below for your homemade dog treats! Then share them with us on social! We want to see those bestie’s eating their biscuits! #friendshipcollar
Throwing food into your pup's open mouth is optional!
Peanut Butter Banana Dog Treats
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 banana
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour, if necessary
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat, set aside.
- Add oats to the bowl of a food processor.
- Let the machine run for 2 - 3 minutes, until the oats are almost flour consistency with a few big pieces left.
- Add peanut butter, banana and egg to the food processor.
- Mix until the dough looks uniform.
- Turn the dough out onto the countertop.
- If the dough is too sticky to work with - sprinkle the countertop with a tablespoon or two of flour, and work some of the flour from the counter into the dough until it is no longer sticky.
- Roll the dough out to roughly 1/8" thick.
- Cut treats out with a cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 16 - 18 minutes, rotate trays halfway through.
- Cool completely before giving to your dog.
Apple Carrot Treats:
- 1 egg
- ⅓ c vegetable oil
- 1 large carrot, shredded (you can leave the peel on)
- 1 medium apple, shredded (try to get an amount equal to how much carrot you have) (you can leave the peel on)
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- .5 c rolled oats
- Heat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with a silpat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg and oil.
- Stir in the carrot and apple until distributed.
- Stir in the flour until distributed.
- Stir in the oats until distributed.
- Tightly pack one tablespoon-ful of the batter into a small cookie scoop, and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all the batter is used.
- Bake until cooked through and a little dry, about 20 minutes.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Baking is definitely one of our favorite things to do! There’s nothing quite like rustling up something that makes the house smell delicious, that needs very few ingredients and that keeps your pups tummy full and their tails wagging. What's been your favourite activity while staying at home?
Get The Look!
This happy pupper is wearing the : MERMAID TAILS FriendshipCollar!